I was recently reviewing some business emails in my Inbox.
Here is what I found.
As business communications, they lacked the following key ingredients:
- the senders name – who is the email from?
- the business website – how can I find out about your business?
- an unsubscribe link – required by spam laws
- hyperlink text in images where they are un-clickable – pretty useless
- links to the email software company – distracts from your message
- no branding evident – your email does not stand out in the crowd or build brand recognition
- confusing messages – is your business a “Margaret River escape” or is that just a prize you are offering?
Yes, that’s right!
I had received an email from a finance broking company, and it looked like they were selling a “Margaret River Escape”. Their branding was almost non-existent.
. . . so don’t make these mistakes in your business emails.
Make sure that each of these elements is addressed in your emails.
What should you do now?
1. Review every email that your company sends out
2. Ask – is this helping our brand – is this the message we want to send?
3. If you want some help or ideas, just contact us at Hotpink Websites now.
“Nothing is too small to know,
and nothing is too big to attempt.
~ William Van Horne
Remember – optimise your business emails
Make sure that your business emails are getting the best results for your company!