A question that we have been hearing a lot of late is “Why should I secure my website with an SSL Certificate?”
With an SSL you are able to secure your website or a server with either a 128 Bit or 256 Bit encryption, which is techno-speak for “making it hard to break in”.
You can make secure online transactions with e-commerce while keeping your customer’s personal information safe.
But there are other reasons, for owners of websites without shopping carts as well . . .Firstly though, it is important that only SSL’s from trusted SSL providers are used.
With this link in place, the information exchanged between your website or server and the customer is secure and private.
Why have an SSL certificate?
Most importantly, they make your website secure and give customers confidence in your business and your website.
It can eliminate annoying messages that pop up in some browsers to warn people that “This Connection is Untrusted”, etc, which will scare customers away.
And because your website is secure, you also get a bit of Google love for making the effort.
- It is an easy to implement security measure – we do it all for you anyway
- Having a SSL Certificate on your website improves your Google ranking because you are “safe”
- It gives a degree of confidence and assurance to your customers that you are making it safe to search and shop on your website
- PCI compliance requires you to have an SSL Certificate
- An SSL certificate on your server also protects you from phishing emails, (where criminals may be sending emails and then replicating your website to scam customers).
This last point can get your site blocked or blacklisted through no fault of your own . . . other than not having an SSL certificate for you website.
Here is what you get
- Ticket and email support with FAST response times
- Fast Issue times
- Compatible with most browsers
- Secure 128/256 Bit Encryptions
- Variety of options depending on your needs
Well, that is quite simple really!
Watch this short VIDEO
Why you need an SSL Certificate | Internet Crime in Real Life
What should you do now?
- Contact us now to discuss how secure your website platform is.
- There are other security issues that an SSL certificate does not cover.
- Want some help or ideas? Just contact us at Hotpink Websites now.
If you want total security, go to prison. There you’re fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking… is freedom.
~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
Remember – It is a good idea to secure your Website with an SSL Certificate