What’s up with your email address?
Here is another real-life email address story – an issue that one of our clients unfortunately experienced last week.
Make sure you don’t fall for the same trap . . .
So . . .
What was the problem?
In addition to his business duties, the son also ventured onto various games and other websites where he subscribed using his business email address.
A flurry of spam emails.
Fortunately, we were able to solve the problem easily enough by issuing a new email address because the “infected” address had not been promoted to their clients.
One way to avoid this is simply not to register on any websites.
But that really is not practical, is it? It defeats the whole purpose of what the internet is all about.
There are some simple steps that you can take to stop this happening to you.
- First and most important – do not use your business email address to register on websites – especially websites that you are not familiar with.
- Secondly, do not use your personal email address either.
Most of us have personal email addresses that we use to contact friends and family. So keep them for that purpose!
So how can you surf the internet and access other websites safely?
It’s simple . . .
Don’t use an email address that is important to you.
There are several options:
- Use one that you are happy to change periodically when it becomes infected with spam.
- Ask your internet provider to set up an email alias for you on your account.
- Setup a temporary email address at gmail or yahoo or . . .
What should you do now?
1. If you are going to go surfing, start by setting up some “temporary email addresses”.
2. That’s it!
3. Want some help or ideas? Just contact us at Hotpink Websites now.
“You can’t let other people tell you who you are;
you must decide that for yourself.”
Remember – Protect your email address!
Afterall, it is your email address.