Meetings are a part of nearly everyone’s work life. Some of us have more than others, but we all have days when we feel it’s nearly impossible to get uninterrupted time to do work.
In response to this, we created No Meeting Wednesdays(NMW). Every team member knows not to schedule meetings on that day, unless absolutely necessary.
It’s a simple, mindful practice but something that we’ve seen has helped our team tremendously and we think could help yours, too.
Goals of NMW
- Give all team members a large block of time to focus on heads-down work, without having to fit it in between meetings.
- Allow everyone, including managers, to be ‘doers’ and ‘makers.’
- Fewer disruptions means more team members can be productive.
- We get check more work off our task lists than any other day of the week.
- Wednesdays are many Asanas’ favorite day of the week (productivity is rewarding)!
Why no meetings?
Managers are typically used to having a schedule-driven day and even makers’ days get filled with meetings.