Stop and think for a moment . . .
When was the last time that you did all of these things with your car?
- Checked the tyre pressures, incl. the spare?
- Checked the engine and transmission oil levels?
- Checked the radiator water levels?
- Washed and polished the paint and cleaned the interior?
- Had the car serviced by a reliable mechanic?
With a new car, you can probably get away with it for a while, just like a new website
But fail to attend to any or all of these important tasks, and over time you risk excessive wear and damage to your car which will:
>> reduce it’s value dramatically.
>> make it slow and sluggish.
>> reduce it’s performance.
>> cause it to fail in a spectacular way.
Some people attend to these things diligently each week. But most let it ride for a month or even a year.
Some just wait for the red light to flash on the dashboard. And some even ignore this vital warning sign.
Websites are the same!
They are a vital piece of business equipment that needs regular maintenance.
And sooner or later, a website that has no maintenance will konk out on the side of the road!
1. Google will tend to ignore a website that has not been updated.
2. Your customers will get inaccurate and out of date information leading to missed sales.
3. Your website will start to look out of date causing lack of interest and confidence by buyers.
4. Your website’s engine will sieze if not updated with the latest technology.
Using a downloaded pdf Order Form or Enrolment Form requiring a fax back, (instead of an instant-access, online form), will surely discourage most buyers these days.
So what should you do?
Tips on keeping your website operating efficiently:
Use a CMS Content Management System that makes it simple and easy for you to update your website content in minutes – like Website Software from Hotpink Websites!
Then regularly update your website content, or get us to do it for you. But get it done!
Get together with your web developer at least once every 3 months to discuss how your website is performing and the latest trends and changes in technology.
This is automatically included with all websites from Hotpink Websites.
Make sure that all changes in your business are immediately reflected in your website, including:
– new team members
– new products or product changes
– price changes
– very important – any Special Offers and promotions
– latest testimonials, awards and achievements
Once every 18-24 months, give your website a major overhaul to update the look and feel of it.
As your business grows, upgrade to a newer model website.
Make sure that your website has all the latest features and accessories to make your business run most efficiently.
Regular maintenance of your website is a MUST.
From The Hotpink Foundation – Hotpink Websites
Take Action Now…
Contact us now to get more traffic to your website.